Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have weak security notice on Wi-fi settings on my new Iphone12 pro, is this a problem with the Iphone settings?

I have viasat satellite internet, and my phone shows weak security on my settings, wifi, on my Iphone 12pro, is there a problem?

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 11:48 AM

No, it’s a problem with your Wi-Fi router.

A "Weak Security" notification means that your Wi-Fi router is not configured correctly. There is a new feature in iOS 14 that checks and displays a message if your router is not using the most up-to-date security. Note that your router has always had weak security, you just didn’t know about it until now. And you can continue using it with weak security if you want to.

See this Apple support article for how to configure it correctly—>Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support, specifically the section headed Security.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 11:48 AM in response to Brescue911

No, it’s a problem with your Wi-Fi router.

A "Weak Security" notification means that your Wi-Fi router is not configured correctly. There is a new feature in iOS 14 that checks and displays a message if your router is not using the most up-to-date security. Note that your router has always had weak security, you just didn’t know about it until now. And you can continue using it with weak security if you want to.

See this Apple support article for how to configure it correctly—>Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support, specifically the section headed Security.

I have weak security notice on Wi-fi settings on my new Iphone12 pro, is this a problem with the Iphone settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.