Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery problem

I don't why the battery run fast, I put my MacBook Pro in the charge for the whole time. in addition , its shut Down it self when the battery reach 16% or some time 20%!!!

in System Preferences for battery there is a massage said "the battery's capacity is significantly reduced. to restore capacity, please check your service options" I don't understand what that mean . Can anyone explain to my? Think you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 1:47 PM

Hi,

Mac Service and Repair.

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

4 replies

Nov 22, 2020 12:37 PM in response to moza100

Your battery may be approaching the end of its useful life, and may need to be replaced soon.

Batteries are a wear item, like the soles of your shoes or the tires on your car, and may need to be replaced when either their number of charge cycles OR their "shelf-life" has been exceeded.

In addition, Lithium-polymer batteries can be quirky, and occasioanally a battery loses its capacity and need to be replaced for no obvious reason.

Battery problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.