Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to modify the 'Mark' menu after selecting 'Edit' in Mail in iOS?

A few versions of iOS ago, Apple added the 'Move to Junk' item in the 'Mark' menu in the stock Mail app for some reason, even though this is still possible with the same number of action via the more logical 'Move' menu. What happens is, a few time a day, I select all my mail, and click 'Mark' and then select 'Mark as Read' from the sub menu if I don't want to have to look at every single message I get. Unfortunately for me (and now that the menu is even tinier in iOS 14), I occasionally accidentally hit the 'Move to Junk' button from the menu and send literally thousands of messages into my junk folder (which can take hours to complete), tying up my phone, my mail, and also throwing the junk mail AI filter completely out of whack.

My question is, is there ANY way I can remove the 'Move to Junk' item from that menu so I don't accidentally hit it by mistake? I can't be the only person encountering this problem, and it seems like a weird menu choice considering the 'Move' menu item is right there, and one could move things to the junk folder with the exact same number of actions without it having to be duplicated in the 'Mark' menu as well?

iPhone

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 3:17 PM

No option to modify it. Send your feedback about it at www.apple.com/feedback.

1 reply

Is there a way to modify the 'Mark' menu after selecting 'Edit' in Mail in iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.