Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloads and Desktop folders missing

I'm not sure what happened, but the Downloads and Desktop folders are missing entirely. I'm not talking about the files in them (I had actually just emptied them), but both whole folders!! I think it happened because I deleted the Dropbox installer (I'm regretting accepting that trial period in the first place!). They're not in the Dock or Finder; the items are simply missing. Please help!!! :'(

MacBook

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 6:42 AM

Marión wrote:

I'm not sure what happened, but the Downloads and Desktop folders are missing entirely. I'm not talking about the files in them (I had actually just emptied them), but both whole folders!! I think it happened because I deleted the Dropbox installer (I'm regretting accepting that trial period in the first place!). They're not in the Dock or Finder; the items are simply missing. Please help!!! :'(

If iCloud drive got turned on...

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple ...

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac, iPhone ...

How to find your Documents and Desktop folder contents after after disabling iCloud sync...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 6:42 AM in response to Marión

Marión wrote:

If iCloud drive got turned on...

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple ...

Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac, iPhone ...

How to find your Documents and Desktop folder contents after after disabling iCloud sync...

Downloads and Desktop folders missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.