Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook shuts down in sleep

Hello, I have a little issue with my MacBook Air. After update to macOS Big Sur it started to shut down while in a sleep mode for a long time (during the night). I have to press the power button when I want tu use it after this period. So is this some kind of hibernation? Because it doesn't show any error message after boot up. And if yes, is there an option how to stop this feature?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 8:09 AM

Hello rady_the_great,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you have concerns about your MacBook Air waking from sleep after updating to macOS Big Sur. We would recommend taking a look at the following support article to troubleshoot issues and concerns with sleep:

If your Mac won’t go to or stay in sleep - Apple Support

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 8:09 AM in response to rady_the_great

Hello rady_the_great,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you have concerns about your MacBook Air waking from sleep after updating to macOS Big Sur. We would recommend taking a look at the following support article to troubleshoot issues and concerns with sleep:

If your Mac won’t go to or stay in sleep - Apple Support

Best regards.

macbook shuts down in sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.