Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook and iOS version problem

Outlook keeps saying my iOS is too old whereas I have the latest one 12.4.xx and refuses to create my exchange account. What can I do?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:14 AM

According to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-365-and-office-resources#coreui-heading-3b8v07b

Office for iPad® and iPhone® (including Outlook for iPad® and iPhone®) is supported on the two most recent versions of iOS and iPadOS. When a new version of iOS or iPadOS is released, the Office Operating System requirement becomes the two most recent versions: the new version of iOS or iPadOS and the previous version.

Now that iOS 14 is out you would need to be running iOS 13 or 14 to install the Office mobile suite. I suspect you have no option but to upgrade your device if you want to use it. The native mail client on iPad should be able to connect to Exchange.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 4:14 AM in response to guybilloud

According to: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-365-and-office-resources#coreui-heading-3b8v07b

Office for iPad® and iPhone® (including Outlook for iPad® and iPhone®) is supported on the two most recent versions of iOS and iPadOS. When a new version of iOS or iPadOS is released, the Office Operating System requirement becomes the two most recent versions: the new version of iOS or iPadOS and the previous version.

Now that iOS 14 is out you would need to be running iOS 13 or 14 to install the Office mobile suite. I suspect you have no option but to upgrade your device if you want to use it. The native mail client on iPad should be able to connect to Exchange.

tt2

Outlook and iOS version problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.