Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV verification failed - Fire Stick 4K

Hello, when trying to sign into the apple tv app on my 4k fire stick, it is giving me a verification failed error on both manual and mobile sign in. My software is updated to the latest version (OS 6.2.7.6 - NS6276/2933) and I have also tried to uninstall the app and even factory reset my stick. Nothings helped and amazon said to contact iTunes as its account related. Someone please help!

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 11:30 PM

I replaced a Fire TV Stick 4K with the 2nd generation Fire TV Cube (2019).

The Apple TV app was working just fine on the Stick, but I’m unable to sign in to Apple TV on the Cube.

Despite resetting the Cube to factory settings, uninstall them reinstalling the Apple TV app, both methods of signing in (“Sign In on Mobile Device” and “Sign In on This TV”) fail with the same “Verification Failed. There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again.” message.

I’ve tried using a wired versus wireless network. Restarting and resetting everything. I’m running the latest version of Fire OS (7.2.2.4). Still, nothing but fail. Disappointed!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 11:30 PM in response to glen01

I replaced a Fire TV Stick 4K with the 2nd generation Fire TV Cube (2019).

The Apple TV app was working just fine on the Stick, but I’m unable to sign in to Apple TV on the Cube.

Despite resetting the Cube to factory settings, uninstall them reinstalling the Apple TV app, both methods of signing in (“Sign In on Mobile Device” and “Sign In on This TV”) fail with the same “Verification Failed. There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again.” message.

I’ve tried using a wired versus wireless network. Restarting and resetting everything. I’m running the latest version of Fire OS (7.2.2.4). Still, nothing but fail. Disappointed!

Nov 24, 2020 2:53 AM in response to LukeGregory

Guys and girls this is my solution that worked today.

I too have had this problem for 3 days since getting a new firestick 4K.

my advice that worked for me

reset to factory settings

automatically let it update after signing into amazon account.

there are at least 3 updates

the latest ones are :

software version fire os 6.2.7.6 (NS6276/2933)

fire tv home version 6242054.1

once updates start take the firestick out the HDMI but leave it plugged in, wait at least 3 hours and check if updates are all as they should be above. (The home version is the final update and not obvious)

if they aren’t then restart and again take it out the HDMI and wait again.

i had the same error verification failed, it has nothing to do with 2 way authentication As it wouldn’t even let me sign in or create a new account

try downloading Apple TV and see if this works.

if it doesn’t..... Then further restart and leave overnight for 8 hours, again plugged in to power ...

this morning it finally worked after getting it Sunday. (It’s now Tuesdays) and QR code came up and no more verification failed error.

its a ball ache to wait but the above method does work.

LT

Nov 24, 2020 6:26 AM in response to 999ratfink999

Finally, it's working! After two days of speaking to Amazon help and Apple (who are beyond useless and just sent me step-by-step instructions as if I had never used a computer before), what worked for me is this:

• Make sure your Fire TV stick has the latest firmware. My Fire TV>About>Check for updates.
  • If Apple app is installed, uninstall it.
  • Restart Fire stick
  • Install Apple TV app

Now, i did have to do the above twice, but on the second time, it worked and I am now logged in.

Apple TV verification failed - Fire Stick 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.