Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 Pro Not Vibrating

My 12 Pro has stopped vibrating when silent. I have tried restarting my phone, turning off the vibration feature and restarting and nothing seems to help.

Is anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 7:57 AM

44 replies

Dec 8, 2020 4:07 PM in response to KellieB20

Hi there KellieB20,

We're happy to hear your first issue has been resolved, and we're also here to help with this new trouble you're having with the Bluetooth connection to your Garmin. Follow the steps here, and test after each one:

1. Restart the iPhone. Use the steps here if needed: Restart your iPhone
  2. Restart your Garmin device.
  3. If available, try pairing another Bluetooth device to the iPhone 12.
  4. Check for any possible wireless interference: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference
  5. If applicable, remove the case from your iPhone.
  6. Disable Wi-Fi in Settings > Wi-Fi (not Control Center).

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Have a great day!

Dec 1, 2020 10:54 AM in response to KellieB20

Hello KellieB20,

We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with your iPhone 12 not vibrating. Does this happen for app notifications, or does the iPhone not vibrate for incoming calls as well? Are you getting the banner notifications from your apps?

We also want to make sure that your iPhone software is current. If you are not using iOS 14.2.1, get the steps here to get updated:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, we want to check that you do not have the Attention Aware feature enabled, as this would lend to the trouble you're having. Follow the steps here to check, and disable if needed:

About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Dec 23, 2020 8:07 PM in response to jacklyn154

So the phone knows when its being looked at or picked up and the vibration it would otherwise have then changes and becomes more of a tapping when it knows it has your attention. I think if you go to Accessibility/Face ID & Attention/Attention Aware Features and turn the button OFF it will continue to vibrate even when you pick up the phone or are looking at it. If I remember right what I was shown a few weeks ago. Try it.

Feb 8, 2021 9:36 PM in response to KellieB20

I am also having this issue. The issue started with my iPhone 8, I thought I had dropped it and broken the vibration feature so I got a new phone.

Even with my new iPhone 12, the vibration simply will not work.

I have checked every setting, restarted, turned off attention aware- everything.

what is happening?! I wish I hadn’t spend so much on getting a new phone when it seems that so many people are also experiencing this glitch. I hardly notice my notifications without the vibration and end up missing quite a bit.

please help!

Mar 29, 2021 6:41 AM in response to KellieB20

Original:

I just began having this problem. I can put my hands on top and bottom of the phone and twist it and vibration starts working again until its been in my pocket for a while and it stops. I hope you got it fixed.

Update:

I twisted the phone so that vibration stopped working and took it to an apple store. They determined my "Taptic Engine" was failing and replaced it. Vibration is working great! I highly suggest anyone having this issue try to see if its physical. Go to your "Sounds and Haptics" settings, grab the top and bottom of your phone, and gently twist the phone in one direction. Tap the "Vibrate on Ring" toggle on and off and test if you feel it vibrate lightly. Twist the phone gently the other way and see if the behavior changes. If so, you have a physical/electrical issue and need to get your phone repaired. If you can't get vibrations no matter how you twist the phone, you may have a software/settings issue.

Iphone 12 Pro Not Vibrating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.