Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch unable to connect to the App Store

My Apple Watch 6 is updated (as is my phone), but when I go to the App Store on my watch it keeps saying “We’re sorry. The Apple Store is momentarily unavailable. Please try again later.” Why is my new Apple Watch unable to connect to the App Store?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 9:50 AM

Any further update on this? I just got my apple watch yesterday and today I am getting the same message trying to get to the app store on the watch. I have tried connecting to 2 different WiFi accounts. Can't believe I would need to unpair / repair after just one day? Any help much appreciated.

4 replies

Dec 7, 2020 12:42 PM in response to JcTcom

Can you access the app store on your iPhone?

If you can access it from your iPhone and not from your watch

Try force resetting your watch by holding in the side button and the digital crown for 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo, then release.

If you can't access it from your iPhone, try force resetting your iPhone and then your watch.

Normally this is a communications problem that is cleared by resetting the devices.

Or sometime by toggling on airplane mode waiting a minute then toggling it back off will work.

Apple Watch unable to connect to the App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.