Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now playing doesn't pause

I am using macOS 11.0.1. I have Now Playing pinned to the Menu Bar. When I pause my music, the music stops, but the time bar continues moving. When I unpause the music, it returns to the original position and plays. Say I was listening to a 3-min track, and I pause it from the Now Playing icon on the Menu Bar at 2:11. The music stops, but the bar continues displaying it as if it is still playing until it reaches 3:00. When I unpause it, the bar returns to 2:11 and plays like normal. Am I going to have to wait for Apple to fix this, or can I?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 1:39 PM

Hello, ZacisBac.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, we understand your Now Playing in the Menu Bar, the timer bar keeps going even though the music has been stopped. We'd like to help. First, try resetting the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Does this happen with all tracks or do you notice only certain ones?

See if the issue happens in a new user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 1:39 PM in response to ZacisBac

Hello, ZacisBac.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, we understand your Now Playing in the Menu Bar, the timer bar keeps going even though the music has been stopped. We'd like to help. First, try resetting the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Does this happen with all tracks or do you notice only certain ones?

See if the issue happens in a new user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Keep us updated.

Cheers!

Now playing doesn't pause

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.