Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of MacBook Air

I was locked out/ I have not way to log in

pls help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:50 PM

rosy81 Said:

Macbookair: I was locked out/ I have not way to log in

———-

Does it Say “Locked Out”?:

What is the issue? Is it that you have forgotten your password? Or is it that your password is not working?

• Turn Off Caps Lock:

Is Caps Lock enabled? If so, disable it, and then try the login once more.

• Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

If you can't enter you password correctly, then reset your SMC and your NVRAM. Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. keyboard) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset your SMC and reset your NVRAM. Then, try connecting once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

• Use an External Keyboard:

If the keyboard on the Mac does not work once more, then try using an external keyboard (Resetting the SMC and NVRAM would reset port settings to how they should )be. The port is where it would plug in. So, use a wired keyboard — not a Bluetooth one — and use it after the SMC and NVRAM are reset.

Use these Links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 12:50 PM in response to rosy81

rosy81 Said:

Macbookair: I was locked out/ I have not way to log in

———-

Does it Say “Locked Out”?:

What is the issue? Is it that you have forgotten your password? Or is it that your password is not working?

• Turn Off Caps Lock:

Is Caps Lock enabled? If so, disable it, and then try the login once more.

• Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

If you can't enter you password correctly, then reset your SMC and your NVRAM. Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. keyboard) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset your SMC and reset your NVRAM. Then, try connecting once more. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

• Use an External Keyboard:

If the keyboard on the Mac does not work once more, then try using an external keyboard (Resetting the SMC and NVRAM would reset port settings to how they should )be. The port is where it would plug in. So, use a wired keyboard — not a Bluetooth one — and use it after the SMC and NVRAM are reset.

Use these Links:

Locked out of MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.