Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur: Notifications On Multiple Screens?

Hey, I'm having a problem on Big Sur connected to a USB dock with another screen attached.

On catalina, notifications for everything (Whatsapp is my main bug bear) would appear on whichever screen i dragged the white bar to, from display preferences (Setting it as my main display)

However, on Big Sur, it seems that no matter what I do - notifications ONLY appear on the Laptop's screen (which I don't even really look at)

Is there another place I need to change this? Or is it just a change in Big Sur?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 12:54 AM

Ok so on my Mac I finally figured out how to display notifications on external display. When my mac starts I press the date top right corner to pop out the notifications on the external display. After this all notifications come to this display. The problem is you have to do it every time you connect to an external display.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 12:54 AM in response to Delarado

Ok so on my Mac I finally figured out how to display notifications on external display. When my mac starts I press the date top right corner to pop out the notifications on the external display. After this all notifications come to this display. The problem is you have to do it every time you connect to an external display.

Nov 23, 2020 1:16 PM in response to Delarado

I just directly connected an external 27 inch display via DisplayPort to my MacBook Air running Big Sur. When I drag the mouse off the right-side of the Air onto the large display, clicking in the upper-left corner of that display resulted in the Notification center sliding out. This works just as it would if I had done so on the Air display.

The arrangement is:

Nov 23, 2020 1:25 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for the fast response.

The notification centre is not necessarily what I'm looking for though.

When you get an email... or a message on whatsapp... or any kind of notification, you get a message pop up in the top right hand corner of the screen.

No matter what I do here, it always only shows up on the mac's own screen - and not the large screen.

Can I adjust this behaviour?

Big Sur: Notifications On Multiple Screens?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.