Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPadPro, currently with iPadOS 13.7. The current update to 14.2. Will not install. How to I update to 14?

How can I update my iPadPro to iPadOS from 13.7 to 14? The latest update to 14.2 fails to install.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 3:18 PM

You may need to upgrade your iPad by connecting to a Mac or Windows PC, connected to the Internet, by downloading the latest version of the Apple iTunes app and let iTunes download and install the iOS 14.2 version to your iPad.

If you own a newer Mac running a much more recent version of macOS, you use the macOS Finder to do the iPad update to iPadOS 14.

Best of Luck to You!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 3:18 PM in response to CleopatraGoldendoodle

You may need to upgrade your iPad by connecting to a Mac or Windows PC, connected to the Internet, by downloading the latest version of the Apple iTunes app and let iTunes download and install the iOS 14.2 version to your iPad.

If you own a newer Mac running a much more recent version of macOS, you use the macOS Finder to do the iPad update to iPadOS 14.

Best of Luck to You!

Nov 25, 2020 10:14 AM in response to MichelPM

Sorry about the wrong name, Michel. I was half asleep. I spent a couple hours yesterday attempting to update and failed. Do I really need this update? It kind of sounds as though I don’t. I have a Windows 10 PC, got them connected, but was unable to direct the download to my iPad. My PC shows the connection as a USB receiver, but I was unable to get the download to it.

Thank you again for your help.

I have an iPadPro, currently with iPadOS 13.7. The current update to 14.2. Will not install. How to I update to 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.