Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find the MacOS Catalina 10.15 update?

I'm trying to update my mid 2012 Macbook Pro as at the moment I'm still running Sierra. Not long ago I could still see the Catalina update on my app store and I had a few delays in updating it. I've been trying since then to find a way to start the update but the app store now no longer displays any full software updates for me to do.

I've been able to find the download pages on the apple website for various versions of Catalina (10.15.1/10.15.3/10.15.7) but none of these will install because I need at least Catalina 10.15 to do so and that's the very download that I can't seem to find anywhere.

Can anyone give me any advice on where to find the Catalina 10.15 update or how to get around this issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 3:14 PM

hannah_franklin wrote:

I'm trying to update my mid 2012 Macbook Pro as at the moment I'm still running Sierra. Not long ago I could still see the Catalina update on my app store and I had a few delays in updating it. I've been trying since then to find a way to start the update but the app store now no longer displays any full software updates for me to do.

I've been able to find the download pages on the apple website for various versions of Catalina (10.15.1/10.15.3/10.15.7) but none of these will install because I need at least Catalina 10.15 to do so and that's the very download that I can't seem to find anywhere.

Can anyone give me any advice on where to find the Catalina 10.15 update or how to get around this issue?

The full installer would be consider an 'upgrade'

If you have issue— verify you are using the Safari browser to download/initiate the macOS links

Catalina try : https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?ls=1&mt=12

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 3:14 PM in response to hannah_franklin

hannah_franklin wrote:

The full installer would be consider an 'upgrade'

If you have issue— verify you are using the Safari browser to download/initiate the macOS links

Catalina try : https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?ls=1&mt=12

Nov 23, 2020 3:49 PM in response to hannah_franklin

hannah_franklin wrote:

Thank you so much!

I feel incredibly stupid now for not thinking of this earlier but I always use Firefox as my default browser and hadn’t thought that would make a difference. I opened the Apple link on safari and it took me to the download immediately. You’ve doubtless saved me a lot of future frustration!

Good computing hannah_franklin !

Where can I find the MacOS Catalina 10.15 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.