Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro M1 / Steinberg UR44 / Reaper

I needed upgrade, so I got new Mac Book Pro M1. I know, a bit risky, considering that I use it to run my home studio... I use Steinberg UR44 interface... well, used. My new Mac simply doesn’t see it.

Is it possible to use UR44 with new Mac? Do I need to wait for drivers updates, or can I make my Mac to cooperate with this interface now?

I got the newest drivers from Steinberg, they say they‘re not ready for Big Sur or M1 chip...

Or maybe I should consider getting new interface?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 1:32 AM

Switch the interface to Class Compliant mode. I also have the UR44 and just unboxed my mac mini with M1 chip.

Turn the interface off

Switch Class compliant mode on

Connect the usb cable

Turn the interface on.

For me it was recognized immediately without issues, because the interface is made to work also with ipad in compliant mode.

The only issue is that for now, I cannot use the dspMix fx app , which basically means I'm limited to the software monitoring and no fx in the monitor.

BTW I also tried to sideload the ipad dspMixFx app on macos, but it doesn't recognise the interface.

Anyway now it works as any other "simpler" interface (think focusrite sapphire basic ones), and it's good enough until they sort out the drivers etc

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 1:32 AM in response to Olaque

Switch the interface to Class Compliant mode. I also have the UR44 and just unboxed my mac mini with M1 chip.

Turn the interface off

Switch Class compliant mode on

Connect the usb cable

Turn the interface on.

For me it was recognized immediately without issues, because the interface is made to work also with ipad in compliant mode.

The only issue is that for now, I cannot use the dspMix fx app , which basically means I'm limited to the software monitoring and no fx in the monitor.

BTW I also tried to sideload the ipad dspMixFx app on macos, but it doesn't recognise the interface.

Anyway now it works as any other "simpler" interface (think focusrite sapphire basic ones), and it's good enough until they sort out the drivers etc

Mac Book Pro M1 / Steinberg UR44 / Reaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.