Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login facetime and imessage

Hello, I have an issue cannot login to facetime and imessage with my apple ID from macbook pro.

after submit my credentials there is no information about error. How to fix this issue?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 5:34 PM

Messages – Can’t log in.       

Messages – Can’t log in 2.    

Messages - If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.    

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID. Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (The link doesn’t always load)

Get Support     Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 5:34 PM in response to dhanang

Messages – Can’t log in.       

Messages – Can’t log in 2.    

Messages - If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac.    

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID. Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in using my Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (The link doesn’t always load)

Get Support     Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Cannot login facetime and imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.