Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unreadable button label

I just recently update my MacBook Pro 13" early 2015 to Big Sur, and now on some popups the button's label are unreadable if there is a white or light background (such as in the image 1).

If i place the popup on a dark background, then i can read the button's label (Image 2).

My macOS is in the dark mode, when i use the light mode there is no problem (Image 3 and 4).

Is this a problem with some of my macOS settings that i can fix, is this a bug on the macOS or in the software that aren't updated for Big Sur.

Before the upgrade, there was no issue at all in any mode (dark or light) with any software.

Image 1 (dark mode - white backgroud):

Image 2 (dark mode - dark background):

Image 3 & 4 (light mode - white and dark bacground):

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 4:29 PM

Hi there,

Apple Will probably be aware of this issue and fix it in an upcoming update. As for now, maybe just stick with the settings that allow you to read the pop ups more clearly.

You could maybe try going to System preferences > Accessibility > Display, and select 'reduce transparency'

1 reply

Unreadable button label

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.