Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update and Printer Problem

I did an update to my Mac and the printer HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Model G510n doesn't work, I keep getting a message that the "framework" will damage my computer. Did another update that showed up to macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 and still doesn't work. As I was indicated I uninstalled the printer and now I can't get it to re-install again. Please help! Thank you.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 10:51 PM

3 replies

Nov 23, 2020 11:37 PM in response to Qubana09

Your model of HP printer is not officially supported in any Mac OS later than Mac OS X Mavericks

so the fact that it was continuing to print under macOS Sierra was fortunate.

Click on this link, https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4500-all-in-one-printer-series-g510/3919445/model/3986394 click on choose OS, select Mac and then click on the window on the right

to see which Mac OS's it was supported under. The last software update for it was in 2014.

It is definitely not supported in macOS Big Sur which has just been released and does not run 32bit apps

or 32bit printer drivers which your HP printer will surely use.

Upgrading to Big Sur was a mistake.

At the end of October HP asked Apple to revoke their software certificates causing mac owners worldwide

with HP printers to experience problems just like yourself. HP addressed the problem by releasing newer

drivers with updated certificates, please read this article,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211921

Perhaps your HP printer is AirPrint enabled, read this, About AirPrint – Apple Support

Update and Printer Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.