Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Recording with internal audio only

Hello, i have started playing games on my MacBook Pro, so my question is, how can i screen record with ONLY internal audio so as to upload my videos on youtube. I have seen many other plugins like SoundFlower and Blackhole but i fear it wont be safe...

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 6:34 AM

Soundflower works great.

You need to install the very latest version, which is 2.0b2.

Once installed you will see additional sound input and output options. Use Soundflower (2ch).

To be more precise:

You could set both input and output to Soundflower (2ch) and it would work, but you would not be able to hear anything while recording (the sound would be “piped” directly from output to input).

To be able to hear AND record, there is just a small little thing you need to do: open Audio MIDI Setup; create a new “Multi-Output Device”, and add your internal speakers (or headphones) as well as Soundflower (2ch) to it.

Now set this new Multi-Output device as output and Soundflower (2ch) as input and you’re good to go.

Note: you can’t adjust volume when the Multi-Output Device is selected so adjust it comfortably with your normal output before switching.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 6:34 AM in response to AreenGajare

Soundflower works great.

You need to install the very latest version, which is 2.0b2.

Once installed you will see additional sound input and output options. Use Soundflower (2ch).

To be more precise:

You could set both input and output to Soundflower (2ch) and it would work, but you would not be able to hear anything while recording (the sound would be “piped” directly from output to input).

To be able to hear AND record, there is just a small little thing you need to do: open Audio MIDI Setup; create a new “Multi-Output Device”, and add your internal speakers (or headphones) as well as Soundflower (2ch) to it.

Now set this new Multi-Output device as output and Soundflower (2ch) as input and you’re good to go.

Note: you can’t adjust volume when the Multi-Output Device is selected so adjust it comfortably with your normal output before switching.

Screen Recording with internal audio only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.