Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying popup asking if I want so subscribe to Apple Music

Hi,

So I have this annoying popup that's completely stops all the music that I'm listening. Asks me if I want to subscribe to Apple Music... When I am already subscribed with a family plan to Apple Music. Of course if I say yes, I want to join it says that I have already a subscription? What's the deal with this?

Kind regards.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 7:39 AM

I have a similar problem with Music.app (MacOS 11.0.1) when I try to play NPR News and Culture via Radio, which has alway been free: I get a popup to subscribe to Apple Music. Clicking "Not Now" removes the popup, but the radio doesn't play.

I am able to play this Radio station on iOS 14.2 via the Radio tab in the Music app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 7:39 AM in response to andrewoid

I have a similar problem with Music.app (MacOS 11.0.1) when I try to play NPR News and Culture via Radio, which has alway been free: I get a popup to subscribe to Apple Music. Clicking "Not Now" removes the popup, but the radio doesn't play.

I am able to play this Radio station on iOS 14.2 via the Radio tab in the Music app.

Nov 25, 2020 6:10 AM in response to andrewoid

I am getting this same pop-up on the Big Sur Music app, and also on iTunes on my Windows PC at work. I have tried signing out and then back in, but no change.

This does NOT happen on iOS version.

I have seen it rarely in the past but never several times a day as it has been after upgrading my Mac to Big Sur, and never on Windows until yesterday.

Apple Support suggests signing out then rebooting. I have not tried that yet.

Annoying popup asking if I want so subscribe to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.