Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

1. I have 5 TV’s in my house do I need one apple device for each TV?
  2. Will the Apple TV 4K work on a non-4K TV I have two TV that are HD but not 4K.
  3. If I need a device for each TV do I have to get an Apple TV subscription for each device or does one Apple TV subscription work for the house?

Thanks Wally

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 9:37 AM

1, Yes if you want to experience Apple TV on each TV you need an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K on each TV.

2.Yes, an Apple TV 4K will work on TV's that are not 4K, all they need is HDMI inputs. I did this on 2 older TVs and they both worked perfectly, when I upgraded the TVs to 4K all I did was plug in the Apple TV 4Ks and they immediately worked.

3. You can use 1 subscription for all the Apple TVs in the house. Simply use the same Apple ID and they will all sync.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 9:37 AM in response to wallace151

1, Yes if you want to experience Apple TV on each TV you need an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K on each TV.

2.Yes, an Apple TV 4K will work on TV's that are not 4K, all they need is HDMI inputs. I did this on 2 older TVs and they both worked perfectly, when I upgraded the TVs to 4K all I did was plug in the Apple TV 4Ks and they immediately worked.

3. You can use 1 subscription for all the Apple TVs in the house. Simply use the same Apple ID and they will all sync.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.