Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6s battery replacement

I have an iPhone 6s in excellent condition, but needs a new battery. The battery discharges rapidly, and sometimes goes from 90% to 2% like instantly, then the phone reboots. So I made an appointment at Best Buy. The phone is not in any kind of warranty, but i was ok with paying the $50 cost of the replacement. The Geek counter tech plugs the phone into his computer, confirms the numbers with Apple, then Apple runs an on-line battery test. While we stood there and watched the battery % slowly drop, 1% at a time, and the back of the case getting warm to the touch, the tech says sorry, Apple will not allow the repair, they say the battery is ok. I made sure they understood I was expecting to pay for the replacement, but he said the battery was testing At 87%, and that it couldn’t be replaced until it tested under 85%. He said I might be able to take it to the counter at an Apple store, and they might do the repair, but the nearest Apple store is 60 miles away, I am 83 years old, and just can’t commit to that kind of trip in the middle of a Colorado winter. He suggested an Un-authorized repair station, but that could lead to other issues in the future. We have a local store called Batteries Plus that replaces phone batteries, but I have seen the results of some of their work, and it’s not pretty. Any suggestions??

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:13 AM

Call AppleCare and ask to be transferred to customer service.

Similar questions

1 reply

6s battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.