Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help me !!

I have a model MD510E/A iPad and recently got this message; "Remove annoying notifications! Clean your phone from viruses!" It is linked to the following; https://cashmolean.com/clicl/ZTk2NjVhZWltNzBhNC00NTNhLWJIZGYtMDBkNzazMTAxM2U5. Can anyone help?

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:17 AM

The problem that you describe likely being very easy to resolve.

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings. 

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 10:17 AM in response to TTYagada

The problem that you describe likely being very easy to resolve.

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events and sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings. 

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

iOS/iPadOS13 and earlier: Settings > Passwords and Accounts

iOS/iPadOS14: Settings > Calendar > Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found.

Nov 25, 2020 4:44 AM in response to TTYagada

You may have multiple email accounts configured on your iPad - and these may have an associated Calendar. As such, accounts that correspond with your email account(s) should be easy to identify, are expected, and should be left alone.

Other accounts that appear in the accounts list may have strange or unexpected names. These are prime candidates for removal.

Help me !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.