Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID stored passwords

I have an app (T Rowe Price) that I use Face ID to log into. The password changed for the site which is the same used on the app. How do I update the new password with Face ID so I can use Face ID again? The only settings I can find for Face ID and the app is to just disable it.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 1:35 PM

I get the option to use password and it lets me in. I turn Face ID off and back on and Face ID is still using the old password. I tried turning FaceID off and then log in and then try turning it back on. Close app and reopen and try to use face id and it’s still using the wrong password.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 1:35 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I get the option to use password and it lets me in. I turn Face ID off and back on and Face ID is still using the old password. I tried turning FaceID off and then log in and then try turning it back on. Close app and reopen and try to use face id and it’s still using the wrong password.

Nov 25, 2020 8:25 AM in response to cbc2078

I don't know why the method I provided did not work. The only other thought would be to go into Face ID and under the section, Use Face ID For, turn off that particular app. Once you do that, they log into the app to change the password. Then in the Settings of the app, turn Face ID on again. It could be that just turning off access there will clear it.

Face ID stored passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.