Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compass app bearing not correct.

I've proceeded every "solution" found on discussions to correct iOS Compass bearing error but none of them solved it. The issue is:

Compass iOS app always points 22 degrees leftwards the true direction I verify on the street.

Ok, some data is important to inform:

Compass settings are enabled in Location Services and its calibration too. Everything external that may cause this problem has been removed (magnetic material, metal or high tension cables nearby). I'm not using True North and the magnetic declination at my location is 22ºW. My iPhone is 11 Pro and iOS 14.0.1.

I believe that the error maybe due the Compass app is applying a default double magnetic declination correction internally. So, with "Use True North" disabled, Compass is pointing exact 22º leftwards the true direction. If I enable "Use True North", Compass points 44º leftwards the true direction. By the way, Maps and Google Maps show everything twisted because of this Compass issue.

How to correct this?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 1:03 PM

Even outdoors in the city, the structure of some buildings can interfere with the functioning of the compass. I went to a very large park where the compass worked perfectly.

Please disregard this issue.

2 replies

Compass app bearing not correct.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.