Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop duplicate after backup restoring

Hi all! :)

I have a problem: after I exchanged my phone at the Genius Bar following a battery replacement, I restored my phone's backup. But now, everytime I want to AirDrop something to my wife, it shows me her Contacts button (photo + name in Contacts list) AND iPhone de Laury which is her phone's name.

Clicking on her Contacts button results in an endless "Waiting" state, whereas clicking on iPhone de Laury launches the file tranfer instantly.

Do you know what makes this phone appear under both forms now? And how to go back to only having the Contacts button?

I already clicked on Reset Network Settings, to no effect :/

Thank you so much in advance for your help in this matter,

Kindest,

Charles

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 1:51 PM

So I tried one extra thing and that seems to have worked: I deleted my wife's Contacts information and re-imported it as a new contact, the issue continued to occur for 1 hour and then, my iPhone got it right, stopped displaying iPhone de Laury and the Contacts button for AirDrop finally started working as expected!

Hope this helps :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2020 1:51 PM in response to N3M1C0

So I tried one extra thing and that seems to have worked: I deleted my wife's Contacts information and re-imported it as a new contact, the issue continued to occur for 1 hour and then, my iPhone got it right, stopped displaying iPhone de Laury and the Contacts button for AirDrop finally started working as expected!

Hope this helps :)

AirDrop duplicate after backup restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.