Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife has an iphone 7 and forgot her password. A verizon tek tried to hold the home button down to reset and the screen shows "press home to recover". Nothing happens when I do that. Meanwhile, I connected it to my iMac updated the os

My wife has an iphone7 and forgot the password. A Verizon tek tried to hold the home button down to begin reset and the screen shows "press home to recover". Nothing happens when I do that. Meanwhile I connected it to my iMac and updated the phone operating system. Still get the same message when the home button is pushed. What to do?

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 10:47 AM

here is a support article for a forgotten iPhone passcode

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

also a video

1 reply

My wife has an iphone 7 and forgot her password. A verizon tek tried to hold the home button down to reset and the screen shows "press home to recover". Nothing happens when I do that. Meanwhile, I connected it to my iMac updated the os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.