You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to transfer my cell plan to my new phone.

I want to transfer my cell plan to my new iphone. The new one screen says "Transfer not supported"

when I go to Add Cellular plan

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 11:17 AM

There is one thing to note and that is that your new iPhone and your old cellular plan will need to be with the same cellular provider that you bought the iPhone from. In other words, if your iPhone is bought through AT&T then the plan that you are adding to the eSIM must be from AT&T. UNLESS you bought an unlocked iPhone then a mix of carriers will work.

My best suggestion to you is to call the carrier in question and work with their support team to determine the issue and resolve.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 25, 2020 11:17 AM in response to jdeiters

There is one thing to note and that is that your new iPhone and your old cellular plan will need to be with the same cellular provider that you bought the iPhone from. In other words, if your iPhone is bought through AT&T then the plan that you are adding to the eSIM must be from AT&T. UNLESS you bought an unlocked iPhone then a mix of carriers will work.

My best suggestion to you is to call the carrier in question and work with their support team to determine the issue and resolve.

Axel F.

I want to transfer my cell plan to my new phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.