Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay Volume for individual speakers no longer available

So, prior to a recent update - on my iPhone I used to be able to AirPlay my Apple Music to my three Bose SoundTouch speakers, and I could adjust the volume of those speakers with separate volume control sliders from the AirPlay "menu" thingy. Now, from a split second I'll see the separate sliders, but then they all morph together into one slider and the tiny words "3 speakers" under that slider. I can adjust for all at once, or none. Ugh. That's no bueno.

Anyone else have this problem, or just me?

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 11:38 AM

Oh good grief! Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave. Who’s bright idea was it to hide that most obvious and useful and why would we ever not want to see those controls feature!?

anyhow, thanks carverB for taking the time to educate me and help these old eyes find the non-intuitive almost invisible “arrow”.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 11:38 AM in response to CarverB

Oh good grief! Steve Jobs is rolling over in his grave. Who’s bright idea was it to hide that most obvious and useful and why would we ever not want to see those controls feature!?

anyhow, thanks carverB for taking the time to educate me and help these old eyes find the non-intuitive almost invisible “arrow”.

AirPlay Volume for individual speakers no longer available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.