Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to merge two Apple IDs

Does anyone know how to merge two Apple IDs? I’ve had both forever and now with Apple One I’d like to merge them.

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2020 8:52 PM

Kandelikas Said:

"How to merge two Apple IDs Does anyone know how to merge two Apple IDs?: I’ve had both forever and now with Apple One I’d like to merge them. [...] What if my services including devices and purchases are on different IDs and I want to use AppleOne? Any advice to fix this issue will be much appreciated."

-------

Accounts Cannot be Merged:

As of this reply, merging Apple IDs is is not an option. It all has to do with licensing. So, request the Apple makes this a feature of Apple accounts. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers want, and what changes they can make.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" fro the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

As an Alternative...

Try Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this:  Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID. Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2020 8:52 PM in response to Kandelikas

Kandelikas Said:

"How to merge two Apple IDs Does anyone know how to merge two Apple IDs?: I’ve had both forever and now with Apple One I’d like to merge them. [...] What if my services including devices and purchases are on different IDs and I want to use AppleOne? Any advice to fix this issue will be much appreciated."

-------

Accounts Cannot be Merged:

As of this reply, merging Apple IDs is is not an option. It all has to do with licensing. So, request the Apple makes this a feature of Apple accounts. Apple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers want, and what changes they can make.

So, Recommend this to Apple:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" fro the "Feedback Type"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

As an Alternative...

Try Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this:  Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID. Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Support

Nov 26, 2020 9:35 AM in response to Kandelikas

You'll need to choose one Apple ID to use going forward as the principal Apple ID.

Except for Music purchases any other purchases and subscriptions are forever tied to the Apple ID that initiated them and cannot be transferred or merged with another Apple ID.

You can however as mentioned try Family Sharing, and invite one Apple ID to a Family Group with the other Apple ID to share their purchases. Subscriptions unless they are of the Family kind or Apple One cannot be shared between them however.

I would choose one Apple ID to be the main one, and have that one carry all the subscriptions you want to share like Apple One, then create a Family Group and invite the other Apple ID to join it.

Cancel all subscriptions from the other Apple ID that you may no longer need if being shared from the other Apple ID and only keep the ones you want to still use with the other Apple ID that are not part of Apple One or shareable on their own.

How to merge two Apple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.