Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

free subscription, free content?

I just registered my one year free subscription to Apple TV. But all the content I see I need to pay for. Why would I pay a monthly fee just to pay more for the content?

iPad

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 5:25 AM

Doesn't answer my question. If there is no free content why charge a monthly fee and then charge to view a movie? I get it that some content is from other providers, but even the Apple produce content costs $$. Other content providers like Netflix charge a monthly fee and provide ++ free content.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 5:25 AM in response to Rudegar

Doesn't answer my question. If there is no free content why charge a monthly fee and then charge to view a movie? I get it that some content is from other providers, but even the Apple produce content costs $$. Other content providers like Netflix charge a monthly fee and provide ++ free content.

Nov 26, 2020 9:36 AM in response to irvin_a

The subscription covers Apple TV+ content (Apple Originals). Apple TV+ is one of the Channels in the Apple TV app. To see just the Apple TV+ content, navigate to the Watch Now tab, scroll down to Channels, select tv+. The next page will have filtered to just Apple TV+. Or use the ‘Discover tv+’ tile. Or select from the scrollable tv+ row in the Watch Now tab. Or look for the tv+ logo on the tile artwork of promoted shows.

free subscription, free content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.