Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iOs 14.2 draining my battery?

Ever since upgrade to iOs 14.2 my battery is crashing. Has happened with 2 friends and a family member also with iPhone 8's. What's going on?

My battery is only 6 months old. It went from 100% performance to 47% in 1 day, and I had shut down all apps and web pages. 2 days later I couldn't get it to stay on. I need my phone for work, so I ended up buying a new phone yesterday, but after hearing about all these other people with the same problem I'm pretty upset.

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 10:17 AM

6 replies

Dec 4, 2020 8:15 AM in response to skinnerpdx

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities skinnerpdx,

We see that you're having an issue with the battery life on your iPhone. We know that battery life is important, and we'd be happy to help.

Let's have you take a look at the following articles for help with the battery and some tips for maximizing battery life.

iPhone Battery and Performance

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Also, can you tell us how long it has been since you updated to iOS 14.2? And are you noticing the battery draining more quickly when using a specific app or apps?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Dec 4, 2020 8:53 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I'm not so sure. This battery was warranted, and they offered to replace it again for free. But I had a few other issues with this phone so I ended up getting a new 12. and by looking at the countless other support members that have had exactly the same problem, I suspect that once again it is an Apple upgrade issue. They've done this before, and the similarity is too great to be a coincidence. That being said, you may be correct as I have no idea what the quality control for some of these other supply vendors may be. They seem to be a reputable outfit and they do have a national battery service. But what's a person to do....But hey,- the ploy worked. I ended up buying a new iPhone.

Is iOs 14.2 draining my battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.