Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Pacific Blue Paint Peel?

I have owned an iPhone 12 Pro Max for 10 days and have babied the phone since day 1. I basically prepared a screen protector and silicon case before I got my hands on the phone so these were on the phone since day 1. I was taking the phone out of the case to wipe it with a soft cloth when I found a bit of paint peel on the back of the phone!

any one experienced similar paint peeling situation? I’ve checked the phone from the start at the store and there were no nicks.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 6:15 PM

16 replies

Nov 26, 2020 8:47 PM in response to Deekay4406

As mentioned that looks like something is on there like ink or dye from the case or something else. Since you say the case is clear maybe something got in between the phone and the case. But doesn’t look like a defect of the phone. Not a scratch and the glass wouldn’t have paint peeling. Try wiping it as suggested to see if whatever it is comes off

Nov 26, 2020 11:01 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I tried to dip a lint free cloth in a bit of soapy water but it doesn’t seem to remove anything.

I’m puzzled how could the phone get any stain as the phone has only been in my room on my work desk and it doesn’t even enter the kitchen or washroom! It’s my corporate phone and I’m OCD so I don’t ever bring my mobiles to anywhere that may have liquids. Even the soap-dipped cloth was carried from the kitchen to my room for the cleaning.

iPhone 12 Pro Max Pacific Blue Paint Peel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.