Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen view

Why does my screen sometimes move down like it wants to do a split screen but not let me do anything until I tap it a few times to make my screen go back to normal?

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 8:12 PM

that would be a feature called 'Reachability'. Extremely helpful when you are doing stuff on your phone one-handed and can't quite reach a portion of the screen. this happens when you do a slight downward swipe at the bottom of the screen

Bring screen items within reach on iPhone - Apple Support

you don't have to tap randomly on the screen to cancel it..

if it's pulled down, notice that subtle upward arrow right where the screen splits? just tap on that, or tap and drag up.. or the feature times out in ~10 seconds and the screen returns to normal

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2020 8:12 PM in response to 3_boys

that would be a feature called 'Reachability'. Extremely helpful when you are doing stuff on your phone one-handed and can't quite reach a portion of the screen. this happens when you do a slight downward swipe at the bottom of the screen

Bring screen items within reach on iPhone - Apple Support

you don't have to tap randomly on the screen to cancel it..

if it's pulled down, notice that subtle upward arrow right where the screen splits? just tap on that, or tap and drag up.. or the feature times out in ~10 seconds and the screen returns to normal

Screen view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.