Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Student apple music varifacafion not working

this past week I have been getting a notification on apple music to reverify my student status i still have student status until june 2021 i have reverified my UNiDAYS account already. But when i follow the prompts it does nothing. I click the verify eligibility in the music app which opens up the UNiDAYS app but it doesnt do anything other than open the app. Then i still keep getting the verify student music message

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 5:06 PM

Hello Gs9511,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Apple Music Student subscription.

When you join Apple Music as a student, UNiDAYS verifies your information. Get an Apple Music student subscription - Apple Support

"When you join Apple Music as a student, UNiDAYS, a student validation service, confirms that you're enrolled in a degree-granting university or college. After UNiDAYS verifies that you're a student, then you can get a student subscription to Apple Music."

You can verify this using your iPhone: "Verify your student status

Near the end of each year that you have an Apple Music student subscription, you'll see a message that asks you to verify your student status in the Music app or iTunes for Windows. You can also verify your student status at any time using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

"In Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name], then tap Subscriptions.
  2. Tap Apple Music Membership.
  3. Tap Verify your student status. You'll be redirected to the UNiDAYS website.
  4. Follow the prompts to verify your eligibility. If the verification is successful, you'll automatically return to Apple Music and continue your Apple Music student subscription."

If you still have issues, it's possible the issue is cause by the network you are connected to. Try while connected to a different wireless network. You can also try by turning off Wi-Fi and testing only with your cellular connection (if possible.)

To try with another wireless network, make sure it meets these requirements: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

To turn Wi-Fi off and use your cellular connection, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and turn the slider off. Be aware that this will use your cellular data until you turn Wi-Fi back on. (iOS with cellular data only)

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 5:06 PM in response to Gs9511

Hello Gs9511,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Apple Music Student subscription.

When you join Apple Music as a student, UNiDAYS verifies your information. Get an Apple Music student subscription - Apple Support

"When you join Apple Music as a student, UNiDAYS, a student validation service, confirms that you're enrolled in a degree-granting university or college. After UNiDAYS verifies that you're a student, then you can get a student subscription to Apple Music."

You can verify this using your iPhone: "Verify your student status

Near the end of each year that you have an Apple Music student subscription, you'll see a message that asks you to verify your student status in the Music app or iTunes for Windows. You can also verify your student status at any time using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

"In Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name], then tap Subscriptions.
  2. Tap Apple Music Membership.
  3. Tap Verify your student status. You'll be redirected to the UNiDAYS website.
  4. Follow the prompts to verify your eligibility. If the verification is successful, you'll automatically return to Apple Music and continue your Apple Music student subscription."

If you still have issues, it's possible the issue is cause by the network you are connected to. Try while connected to a different wireless network. You can also try by turning off Wi-Fi and testing only with your cellular connection (if possible.)

To try with another wireless network, make sure it meets these requirements: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

To turn Wi-Fi off and use your cellular connection, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and turn the slider off. Be aware that this will use your cellular data until you turn Wi-Fi back on. (iOS with cellular data only)

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Student apple music varifacafion not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.