Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the Apple Watch 3 GPS (only) work with the iphone 12 Mini?

I'm in the market for new gear and was wondering if the Apple watch series 3 will work with the iphone 12 mini. To be honest, I feel like the higher models are a bit overkill for me. I'll be using it for basic stuff like time checking, todoist, and checking texts while my phone is in my pocket. Additionally, I'll be checking my blood glucose levels through Dexcom's iwatch app.

I currently have the iphone se 2016 model and no watch yet. I'd like to upgrade the phone and purchase the watch.

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:56 AM

The Apple Watch Series 3 will work with iPhone 12 mini as long as it's on watchOS 7 (shouldn't be a problem as it'll come with it will probably come with it when you buy it).

However, I would suggest getting Apple Watch SE over the Series 3 as it is a much better value for what you get at this point in time. Apple Watch SE will also be supported for many more years, whereas the Series 3 will probably be off the support list next year itself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 7:56 AM in response to Cole0222

The Apple Watch Series 3 will work with iPhone 12 mini as long as it's on watchOS 7 (shouldn't be a problem as it'll come with it will probably come with it when you buy it).

However, I would suggest getting Apple Watch SE over the Series 3 as it is a much better value for what you get at this point in time. Apple Watch SE will also be supported for many more years, whereas the Series 3 will probably be off the support list next year itself.

Will the Apple Watch 3 GPS (only) work with the iphone 12 Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.