Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card Vs Gift Card balance

I have an Apple Card and a Gift card balance in my apple account. I like to use my Apple Gift balance to purchase something from apple.com and rest of the amount I like to charge in my Apple Card. Right now my default payment is Apple Card. Does anyone know how to choose Gift card balance first to pay for purchases then Apple card. If that possible please let me know how to set it up? Can I do it from web browser or from my iphone? Any help appreciated.

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 2:46 PM

Hi coolblue001,

Thanks for reaching out again. If you'd like to apply an Apple Store gift card to an online purchase just go through the checkout process on the page. When you get to the "How do you want two pay?" screen, under the "Credit Or Debit Card" and "PayPal" options, you'll see "Apply an Apple Gift Card", just select that.

It does sound like you have been having quite some trouble redeeming this gift card for your purchase. If you continue to have issues with redeeming it, we'd suggest contacting Apple's online sales team for assistance. You can find their contact info under the "Apple Online Store" section here: Contacting Apple

Cheers!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 2:46 PM in response to coolblue001

Hi coolblue001,

Thanks for reaching out again. If you'd like to apply an Apple Store gift card to an online purchase just go through the checkout process on the page. When you get to the "How do you want two pay?" screen, under the "Credit Or Debit Card" and "PayPal" options, you'll see "Apply an Apple Gift Card", just select that.

It does sound like you have been having quite some trouble redeeming this gift card for your purchase. If you continue to have issues with redeeming it, we'd suggest contacting Apple's online sales team for assistance. You can find their contact info under the "Apple Online Store" section here: Contacting Apple

Cheers!

Dec 5, 2020 8:05 PM in response to coolblue001

Hi coolblue001,

Thanks for the follow up info!

To start, we see you mentioned both the terms "iTunes Gift Card" and "Apple Gift Card", you would need to first figure out what type of gift card you have.

If it is an iTunes Gift Card, those are used for purchases in the iTunes and App Store. Those gift cards cannot be used to purchase a product from the Apple Store. To add an iTunes Gift Card to your Apple ID account you would go to Settings > your name at the top > Payment & Shipping.

If it is an Apple Store gift card you have two ways of applying that to your purchase. You can either enter the gift card details yourself directly on the checkout page, then use Apple Pay to complete the rest of the transaction, or you can add the gift card to your Wallet. To add it to your Wallet just navigate to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, then select Add Card.

We hope this clarifies things!

Dec 5, 2020 9:45 AM in response to coolblue001

Hi coolblue001,

We understand you'd like to use multiple cards in your Wallet for a transaction. We're happy to help.

When you bring up the Apple Pay screen in the app that you're purchasing through, you'll want to tap on the card at the top which will be the one you have set as your default, then choose the card you'd like to use for the transaction. After you've completed the first transaction, tap on the card at the top again then choose the card you'd like to use for the second transaction.

You can see the area we're referring to in this image. In the example image the currently selected card is "Chase Freedom"

How to use Apple Pay

We hope this helps. Take care!

Dec 5, 2020 10:27 AM in response to mario49

Thank you for your reply. But my question is how to choose my existing Apple Gift card that I already preloaded into my account. As per your pic that part I understand. I can switch any CREDIT CARDS I want. My question is how to use the iTunes Gift Card balance first then use the Apple credit card for the remaining balance. For example total purchase amount is $1000 and for example my Apple gift card balance that already-reloaded into my account. Just say $200 gift card and the I would like to use that $200 Gift card FIRST, then rest of the payment I like to charge the payment card on file. Please show me how to choose the Gift card as first choice of payment and second choice is Apple Credit card. Please help.

Dec 13, 2020 9:29 AM in response to sterling r

Thank you. When I logged into my account, under payment and shipping I can see Apple Account balance amount, next Apple card and followed by another credit card. I'm sure I have Apple Gift card not iTunes Gift card. When I got physical apple Gift cards I already redeemed the value to my account and I'm not in possession of those Apple Gift Cards. In this case how to add my apple Gift Card balance to my cart when I shop at apple.com?

Apple Card Vs Gift Card balance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.