Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if the button: "Forgot Passcode?" isn't there?

I have an iPhone SE 2020 (2nd Gen) and when I try to do the part where you're supposed to click "Forgot Passcode?", I don't have that button. What should I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 11:36 AM

If you're talking about passcode to unlock your device's screen, that's normal (no button available), and you need to follow these instructions:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

If you're talking about the ScreenTime Passcode, use these instructions:--> If you forgot your Screen Time passcode – Apple Support

If you mean something different, please better specify your needs

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Max_Thomas

If you're talking about passcode to unlock your device's screen, that's normal (no button available), and you need to follow these instructions:--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled

If you're talking about the ScreenTime Passcode, use these instructions:--> If you forgot your Screen Time passcode – Apple Support

If you mean something different, please better specify your needs

Regards

Giulio

Nov 27, 2020 11:34 AM in response to Max_Thomas

If you're looking for a button on your phone like that, you can't find it because it doesn't exist. The only way to get back into an iPhone when you forgot your Passcode is to erase it using your computer with iTunes. This will remove ALL DATA on the phone and let you set it back up again, either from scratch or from a backup if you've been backing up your phone.

See and follow the directions in this link exactly --> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

What if the button: "Forgot Passcode?" isn't there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.