Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cash fiasco- Closing your Apple Cash card deletes wallet Apple Card Daily Cash Balance?

I accidentally set up Apple Cash when I got my new iPhone 12 plus. It is very difficult to close. Apple doesn't tell you that it's actually a Discover Debit Card. You cannot simply click a button and turn it off. You have to telephone by going to the Wallet App and telephone from within the Apple Cash card. Then you will be subjected to the "retention" expert who tries to get you to not close it. Just insist.

I finally supposedly have turned off Apple Cash, but I still don't have visibility back of my Daily Cash Balance in my wallet/Apple Card. It only says "set up Apple Cash". I'm wondering if I have to delete and re-download the wallet?

I closed my card because

1) Setting up Apple Cash immediately turns off your view of Daily Cash Balance from your wallet/Apple Card and you LOSE the ability to immediately apply your Daily Balance to your Apple Card statement.

2) It is VERY difficult to make a one-time payment from Apple CASH to Apple CARD.

3) Apple Support does not understand this transaction well enough to help you (I was on the phone several hours and finally figured it out myself-You must go through Settings/wallet/AppleCash/Verify and give it all your personal info to be "verified")

4) You can't turn off Apple Cash if you have a balance or you will lose it

5) It's another credit card that I don't want

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 6:56 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 30, 2020 11:21 AM in response to WorkerBee

1. That is false. you can use your daily balance towards payments - How to make Apple Card payments
  2. Not if you have it set up properly using the link above
  3. For assistance with Apple Cash go to this link - Apple Pay Customers
  4. You can turn it off in Wallet but you cannot close the account without transferring the money to your bank account - Transfer money from Apple Cash to your Visa debit card or bank account - Apple Support
  5. Apple Cash is not a credit card.

For more information go here - Set up and use Apple Cash on iPhone (U.S. only) - Apple Support

Nov 30, 2020 12:22 PM in response to WorkerBee

So, in conclusion, 24 hours after getting Apple Cash turned off, I now have the option returned to my Wallet where I can see my Apple Card Daily Cash balance, and I have the option to pay down my Apple Card statement balance instantly with no fees. There is no reason to set up Apple Cash to if all you want to do is see your balance and apply it to your Apple Card statement. Just go to wallet, Apple Card, ellipses in upper right (3 dots) and scroll down to Daily Cash.

Nov 30, 2020 12:17 PM in response to askbarnabas

Re: 1: No, it is not false. I know, because I tried it. Have you? What happened was, the Apple Card did not allow a payment below the "installment payment". If your installment is higher than your Apple Cash balance, the Apple Card wallet will not let you turn the wheel (or use keypad entry) low enough to use your Apple Cash. This is impossible or difficult at the end of the month. If you pay off your card at then, your installment will be much lower and you can use your Apple Cash at that time.

See this link to read "you need to pay your Maximum Payment for all other Apple Card purchases before additional payments can be applied to your installment balance."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209226

Re 2: My card was set up correctly, It took two hours on the phone with 4 different Apple Support people to get it working correctly

Re 3: I called Apple Support since I have paid for Apple Card and was handed to 4 different people. At one point, I was told I needed to stop and get a call back, the wrong department was given the call back, so then I had to wait on the phone another 30 minutes for the right support desk. I was left with the strong impression that this is too new for most Apple Support personnel to understand

Re 4: Your reference refers to the Apple Support page which states "Instant Transfer2 to send funds to an eligible Visa debit card within 30 minutes.

I refer you to this page for the complete Apple CASH terms: https://applecash.greendot.com/termsconditions/

Firstly, Instant Transfers costs 1%. Apple charges you a fee ON YOUR OWN MONEY to do an Instant Transfer. (I read that slower 1 to 3 biz days transfers to your bank are free), and Secondly, although I had a valid debit card it my wallet, I was not allowed to choose it for a transfer. There is no explanation to what "an eligible Visa Debit card" is, even when you click on the link that indicates you might get an explanation.

Re 5: That is the only correct thing you wrote: it is a debit card actually managed by Green Dot Bank.

Dec 1, 2020 5:46 PM in response to askbarnabas

What I object to is the fact that you wrote "that is false". Clearly, at level 9, 73451 points, you are an experienced user. So, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really didn't mean to write that. The point of this forum is for users to ask questions about their real experiences with Apple products. It is not helpful for anyone to denigrate an actual user experience by implying that the user is a liar. Quoting Apple Support pages without reading them is also not helpful.

Dec 1, 2020 5:58 PM in response to WorkerBee

Saying you are wrong is not the same as calling you a liar. I read and reread those pages all the time. I run across questions like this from time to time. You have your own way of doing things and that is fine. You clearly think highly of yourself and your opinions and that is great. You found what works for your specific situation but what I wrote works for most situations as well. I will not see any response you make to this post. I have better things to do than to respond to accusations. May the Lord bless you and keep you safe.

Apple Cash fiasco- Closing your Apple Cash card deletes wallet Apple Card Daily Cash Balance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.