You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scroll through messages on MacBook Pro

I cannot scroll through IMessages to see previous messages. I tried updating preferences as recommended in previous answers to this question from other users, but it doesn't fix the problem. No scroll bar appears and using arrow keys of keyboard produces no result. I upgraded my system to Big Sur recently.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 12:06 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 7, 2020 1:40 PM in response to u2aa

Hi u2aa,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble scrolling through your messages in the Messages app on your MacBook Pro, correct? If so, we'd love to help. We haven't seen an issue with this outside of preferences needing to be updated. When you checked your preferences based on the settings we've linked below, did you set the preference to "Always"? If not, we recommend trying that setting.

Change General preferences on Mac

If the setting is correct, and the issue is only happening in the Messages app, is it possible that part of your message history is not showing in your message threads?

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Scroll through messages on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.