Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro max camera

Hello so I recently got the new iPhone 12 pro max and I’m not sure if the camera is supposed to do this but, whenever I’m in a dark area and try using night mode to take a picture, I can see green lines across my screen and the same goes when I went into a 3rd party app such as Snapchat that uses the camera. When it’s dark and open Snapchat I see green lines across my screen. But what I’m trying to find out is if it’s normal to see those green lines when taking a picture in a dark area using night mode.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 4:03 PM

I’m having that same problem too. I was told to back up the phone and do a factory reset which I did. It seemed as though the problem disappeared - at least right after I reset it. I went into a dark room and took a picture.... seemed to be gone. But then it came back later that day. I’m taking it to the Apple Store tonight and hoping they’re going to replace it.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 4:03 PM in response to ACruz145

I’m having that same problem too. I was told to back up the phone and do a factory reset which I did. It seemed as though the problem disappeared - at least right after I reset it. I went into a dark room and took a picture.... seemed to be gone. But then it came back later that day. I’m taking it to the Apple Store tonight and hoping they’re going to replace it.

Dec 5, 2020 11:49 AM in response to ACruz145

I think this may be a software issue. I just noticed it today and I’ve had mine for a few weeks now. Some photos you see the lines on screen during the photo and in the photo library they’re part of the photo. Others, the lines have disappeared from the photo after it has been taken. It’s very odd but I’ve taken low light photos a few days ago that didn’t have this defect. I have to assume it’s software since there’s been no change to my hardware since I’ve noticed it (no drops or damage, high or low temperature exposure or moisture).

Dec 23, 2020 1:42 AM in response to ACruz145

I've had the same problem where there were green and purple horizontal lines on top of the screen when I try to turn the camera on in the dark. The lines stayed in the pictures as well. I contacted apple and they ran a diagnosis on my phone and found no problems. They asked me to restart the device and then the lines just disappeared.

Dec 23, 2020 6:51 AM in response to Bubba_Junior

Its been several weeks since my reboot and it has been fine / not come back. It’s software related and will likely be addressed in the next software update. Just report your experience to apple so they’re aware of the bug and can address the cause. Reboot if it comes back until then. I suspect it’s a software bug in the lowlight processing.

iPhone 12 pro max camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.