Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software installation

I get this error message whenever i try to install any application “XM MT4” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. And also this macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

I go to settings preference and do the follow but still to no avail:

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General.
  2. Open the General pane for me
  3. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  4. Select the sources from which you’ll allow software to be installed:
    • App Store: Allows apps only from the Mac App Store. This is the most secure setting. All the developers of apps in the Mac App Store are identified by Apple, and each app is reviewed before it’s accepted. macOS checks the app before it opens the first time to be certain it hasn’t been modified since the developer shipped it. If there’s ever a problem with an app, Apple removes it from the Mac App Store.
    • App Store and identified developers: Allows apps from the Mac App Store and apps from identified developers. Identified developers are registered with Apple and can optionally upload their apps to Apple for a security check. If problems occur with an app, Apple can revoke its authorisation. macOS checks the app before it opens the first time to be certain it hasn’t been modified since the developer shipped it.

Please kindly assist with a way out as i can not access any technician around owing to the pandemic.

Thanks.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 8:40 PM

Please read Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support.

1 reply

Software installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.