Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 12 setup kicking out to Hello Screen

So I've just received my iPhone 12 and tried my usual setup from my old iPhone (iPhone 10). Has not gone well. Setup seemed to have a have a problem with the iPhone 10 stating setup failed.

The iPhone 12 now shows the Hello screen and when I swipe to start it enters the iPhone screen but after a second or less the phone kicks me back out to the Hello screen, just does this over and over and can't get past this at all.

I have tried switching phone off and on, no change. I have tried connecting to iTunes but iPhone 12 will not show up. I've tried inserting the SIM card and switching the phone on again. No change, same result. I swipe past the Hello screen and it immediately kicks me out to the Hello screen. I have only used iPhones since the original in 2007 and never had a setup problem before and this has me stumped. Can't visit the Apple store because of the lockdown and despair at having to wait weeks to get this sorted.

Any ideas?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2020 7:43 PM

Force Restart your new phone:

• Press and quickly release volume up button
  • Then press and quickly release volume down button
  • Then press and keep holding the side power button (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go

See this link about how to migrate from one phone a new phone --> Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2020 7:43 PM in response to HowwoodSaint

• Then press and keep holding the side power button (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go

See this link about how to migrate from one phone a new phone --> Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Dec 18, 2020 6:15 AM in response to fun1970

Hi,

what I kept doing wrong was this bit;

• Then press and keep holding the side power button (keep holding past the swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go.

You need to keep holding the power button past the swipe to power off screen until the Apple logo appears and then let go.

I kept letting go too early, the full procedure is below;

Hope this helps.

New iPhone 12 setup kicking out to Hello Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.