Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone X not wirelessly charging all of a sudden?

All of a sudden, my two iPhone X's intermittently charge wirelessly. These have worked perfectly for 2 years. The phones get only about 65% charge and have to be taken off the charger and put back on several times to get up to 100%. I got warranty replacements on my wireless chargers, so that's not the issue. Also, the phones are charged without cases.

I believe it started with IOS 13.5 and has not been fixed with subsequent updates. Any ideas or solutions?

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:16 AM

Hello,

It seems like "Optimized Battery Charging" is turned on. When it is on, the battery charges to 80% and then stops until your regular schedule indicates that you are about ready to use it. Then it charges to 100%.

To turn the feature off:

Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging and turn it off.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 9:16 AM in response to mslb56

Hello,

It seems like "Optimized Battery Charging" is turned on. When it is on, the battery charges to 80% and then stops until your regular schedule indicates that you are about ready to use it. Then it charges to 100%.

To turn the feature off:

Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging and turn it off.

Good luck.

Why is my iPhone X not wirelessly charging all of a sudden?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.