Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change phone name in Find my Phone, Apple ID

I just bought a new iPhone 12 as an upgrade for my AT&T account, that was my iPhone X. But now in various Apple Id apps, it still shows up as iPhone XS (and then in small under print iPhone 12 Pro Max). I've changed the name on the phone itself, but it still does not show up that way in Find my phone, etc.

I've already seen the suggestion to log out of icloud, but that comes with the penalty of completing emptying my apple wallet. Surely that can't be the price to just get the icloud to communicate the correct name of the phone to other devices in my apple family?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 9:36 AM

It should change on its own without you doing anything other than changing it on the phone but I have noticed that the change is not immediate.

I haven't tried it but it's possible that restating the phone may speed it up if you're in a hurry.

5 replies

change phone name in Find my Phone, Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.