Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removal of stored password on my Mac - How to?

How do I remove a password from the stored passwords? I use fingerprint to login and it became wrong and as it is stored I cannot login.

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 5:41 PM

Hello webtomte,

We see that you have a password on your Mac that needs to be updated so the correct log in information is stored. Keychain Access is a helpful feature so you don't have to try and remember those passwords. We're glad you reached out for help.

You can edit the details of a stored password in Keychain Access using the steps in the article below.

Manage passwords using keychains on Mac

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 5:41 PM in response to webtomte

Hello webtomte,

We see that you have a password on your Mac that needs to be updated so the correct log in information is stored. Keychain Access is a helpful feature so you don't have to try and remember those passwords. We're glad you reached out for help.

You can edit the details of a stored password in Keychain Access using the steps in the article below.

Manage passwords using keychains on Mac

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

Removal of stored password on my Mac - How to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.