Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I use bluetooth mouse on iPad mini 2 ? (touchscreen broken - works in several patches only)

Hi, I use my old iPad mini 2 as an extension screen to my PC, with an app "Twomon" over USB - excellent video quality, happy about it every day. But I still need to at least launch the app, which is difficult, because the touch screen works only in some small areas. I can't even switch off the device, because switching off requires sliding the "off" control with finger. Maybe there is some app for mouse (or other solutions like resizing screen to catch the working touch-screen area)? I know iOS 13 support blue-tooth mouse, but I have only 12.3.

Thanks.

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 4:17 AM

Thanks, MichelPM,

it is really great to get this prompt reaction and this deep knowledge of the product :)

I did not expect any quick/simple solution, as I said, the device serves as an excellent screen. Trying to squeeze out the last bits from this good product, until it is really, really dead and goes to recycling :)

Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 4:17 AM in response to MichelPM

Thanks, MichelPM,

it is really great to get this prompt reaction and this deep knowledge of the product :)

I did not expect any quick/simple solution, as I said, the device serves as an excellent screen. Trying to squeeze out the last bits from this good product, until it is really, really dead and goes to recycling :)

Thanks.

Nov 29, 2020 2:14 PM in response to ramunas161

No.

There was never any mouse/trackpad support for old 6 and 7 or older iPad models.

Sorry.

An IPad Mini 3 came out in 2013. It is over -years old now.

Time to really seriously consider a new iPad model OR a “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the current versions of the recent iPadOS 14.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

can I use bluetooth mouse on iPad mini 2 ? (touchscreen broken - works in several patches only)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.