Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scammer installed malware

A scammer installed malware on my iphone (AnyDesk), and though I deleted the ap, I think there may be traces of it still on the phone. Do I need to worry? What should I do?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 1:55 PM

Did the scammer have physical possession of your phone? If they did not they did not install malware on it. If you are concerned restore the phone to factory settings ➡️ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support. You can restore a backup made before the incident happened, but not a backup made after.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 1:55 PM in response to Shauul

Did the scammer have physical possession of your phone? If they did not they did not install malware on it. If you are concerned restore the phone to factory settings ➡️ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support. You can restore a backup made before the incident happened, but not a backup made after.

Scammer installed malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.