Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions passcode

How do you reset and delete an iPad if you’ve forgotten the “restrictions” passcode? We set up my daughter’s iPad and it needs to be wiped and reset to see if it still functions well. We have both forgotten the 4-digit “restrictions” passcode. Everything on the internet ive seen says you have to erase and delete the iPad to reset the restrictions passcode but I cannot do so without entering the code. Please help.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 9:23 AM

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime (a.k.a. Restrictions) passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

I hope this information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 9:23 AM in response to elr2020

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime (a.k.a. Restrictions) passcode, one of the two procedures outlined within this link should resolve the problem:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data. In this situation, you’ll not be able to restore your data from an iCloud or iTunes backup - as the forgotten passcode is integral to the backup.

I hope this information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

Restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.