Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Master Reset

I want to erase all the data from my old iphone in order to sell it. How to perform Factory reset? And if I do the factory reset does it affect my iCloud data? I want to reset my iPhone without losing iCloud data.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2020 12:17 AM

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Erase All Content & Settings : This will sign you out of Find My, Apple ID and iCloud and erase your iPhone and set it back to factory settings. You will NOT lose your iCloud data. You can later use the backup that you have on iCloud to restore from on another device.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2020 12:17 AM in response to Rl92

Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Erase All Content & Settings : This will sign you out of Find My, Apple ID and iCloud and erase your iPhone and set it back to factory settings. You will NOT lose your iCloud data. You can later use the backup that you have on iCloud to restore from on another device.

Axel F.

Iphone Master Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.